[News] [Rival] Microsoft Brings Vulnerabilities to Macs, Spreads More Linux FUD

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Brings Vulnerabilities to Macs, Spreads More Linux FUD
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:46:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft's Latest Word Exploit Was Made On A Mac

,----[ Quote ]
| When Tuesday is patch day, Microsoft's monthly vulnerability fixing ritual,
| Wednesday almost certainly becomes exploit day.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20071012/tc_cmp/202401683;_ylt=AvseLJ1i8kZnBeP.VFrPVgYjtBAF

Apparently the "Many Eyes" Need Glasses

,----[ Quote ]
| If you think that the patent trolling comments are the only thrust of
| Microsoft's relentless attacks on Linux and open source, I am sad to inform
| you that this is not the case. The company has many ways to disseminate the
| FUD, and it's not coming from just the top.
|
| Take this article on Microsoft TechNet I found this morning. In it, Senior
| Product Manager Pat Edmonds writes a lengthy piece about how the "Many Eyes
| Makes Bugs Shallow" mantra of open source development is just plain wrong.
`----

http://blog.linuxtoday.com/blog/archives/071011-102827.html

Related:

Firefox Fends Off QuickTime Bug Threat

,----[ Quote ]
| "When the recent QuickTime-based exploit pointed out that the problem had not
| been entirely addressed, NoScript users were still entirely safe," Maone told
| LinuxInsider.

Firefox Won't Save You from IE Flaws

,----[ Quote ]
`----