Mother's ire puts Ballmer on defence over Vista

<Quote>
Analyst installed Vista for her daughter - and two days later went
right back to using the XP

For a few minutes during Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's appearance at
the Gartner conference in Orlando, emotionless management-speak gave
way to a mother's frustration with the Vista operating system.

"I'm one of those early adopters of Vista," said Yvonne Genovese, an
analyst who was interviewing Ballmer along with fellow analyst David
Smith on stage at a conference forum. "My daughter comes in one day
and says, 'Hey Mom, my friend has Vista, and it has these neat little
things called gadgets - I need those.'"

Said Ballmer: "I love your daughter."

"You're not going to like her mom in about two minutes," said
Genovese, while the crowd laughed.
</Quote>

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/0A1014175338BB9ACC257371000CCF44

Another quote from Ballmer:
"...we have had fewer vulnerabilities, fewer issues with Windows Vista
in its first six months then any OS that preceded it."

Translation:  Other Windows versions were even worse than Vista.  He's
obviously not even counting Linux or OS/X as operating systems.  The
truth is that Vista seems to be worse than any MS OS preceding it
except maybe ME.