[News] Adobe Committed to Linux with Web technologies

  • Subject: [News] Adobe Committed to Linux with Web technologies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:31:39 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On AIR: Getting ready for primetime

,----[ Quote ]
| Are you still intending on a Linux release after the 1.0 release?
|
| Absolutely, the reason why the Linux version was delayed is because the Linux
| version of the Flash Player was delayed a little bit. So really the Flash
| Player is kind of the core of AIR and AIR is dependant on what it can do.
|
| So now that the Linux version of the player is out we've actually started
| development on the Linux version of AIR. I don't think that we have a release
| date for that but it's something that we're really excited about and we're
| going to bring as soon as we can after the 1.0 release.
`----

http://www.builderau.com.au/program/flash/soa/Ryan-Stewart-Rich-Internet-Evangelist-talks-about-AIR/0,339028413,339283175,00.htm
http://tinyurl.com/3cuqhh

Quite recent:

Adobe sees full shift to Web in next decade

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe Systems is working to deliver all of its software via the Web as a
| service rather than a packaged product, but the transition to earn money from
| subscriptions or advertising could take a decade...
`----

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21359751/

Adobe makes Flex Builder free for students, faculty

,----[ Quote ]
| In an effort to lure more developers to its tools for building RIAs (rich
| Internet applications), Adobe Systems is making its Flex Builder 2 software
| available free to students and faculty at educational institutions.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1379510945&rid=-50

Dell takes a page from Apple in Adobe deal

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://bigtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2007/10/24/dell-takes-a-page-from-apple-in-adobe-deal/?source=yahoo_quote