Re: [News] Free (as in Freedom) Music Bad News to RIAA; MSNBC Sought 'Piracy Tax'

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 31 October 2007 01:07 : \____

>> It's time for the RIAA to the face the music
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Saul Williams
>
> Never heard of him.

Let's assume that this applies to 99% of the people out there who consider
themselves "singers" out there.

> Still, it's great that he's adopting the new music distribution paradigm
> (whoever he is), as I think most artists will eventually do.

See the argument above. They /will/, and obscurity is precisely the reason they
will do so. Watch how many people are discovered in MySpace and YouTub. Their
biggest chance is opening up to a large audience rather than begging (and
later on sucking up to) studio owners in suits, only to be paid 10% of the
actual high-street price of an overpriced CD.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash
Swap:  1510068k total,   703420k used,   806648k free,    62064k cached