[News] Mighty KDE 4 Reaches Fourth Beta

  • Subject: [News] Mighty KDE 4 Reaches Fourth Beta
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 01:41:36 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
KDE 4.0 Beta 4 [Released]

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE Community is happy to release the fourth Beta for KDE 4.0. This Beta
| aimed at further polishing of the KDE codebase and we would love to start
| receiving feedback from testers.
`----

http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0-beta4.php

It is beautiful out of the box. Some previews below.

Related:

Quick Look at KDE4 in openSUSE: Plasma, Kickoff, JuK, KmPlot, KGet

,----[ Quote ]
| Plasma is actually progressing pretty well. You shouldn’t expect it to be
| bug-free, but I can really see everything coming together. Plasmoids are
| definitely going to take off, and I’m sure you’ll be able to eventually find
| one for just about anything you want.
`----

http://francis.giannaros.org/blog/2007/10/28/quick-look-at-kde4-in-opensuse-plasma-kickoff-juk-kmplot-kget/

KDE 4 Beta 3 - Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| While I had some trouble testing the newest KDE 4 Beta release on my test
| machine, the KDE Four LiveCD works surprisingly well. According to Stephan
| the version used on this LiveCD is KDE 4 Beta 3 plus a set of recent patches.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/10/22/kde-4-beta-3-screenshot-tour/

KDE 4 Beta Videos

,----[ Quote ]
| Jos Poortvliet has produced a set of videos showing some features fo the
| upcoming KDE 4. Until now the featured applications are some games, KTouch,
| Kalzium and Gwenview.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/10/25/kde-4-beta-videos/

Ready for a new K: an inside look at KDE 4.0

,----[ Quote ]
| When I see how fast new contributors get productive,
| fixing bugs and asking questions on mailing lists - I know it’s working.
| It makes me feel stupid.
`----

http://rackit.gartnerwebdev.com/2007/08/28/ready-for-a-new-k-an-inside-look-at-kde-40/

Lancelot revealed