Re: [News] Security Assessment: Ubuntu Linux Surpasses Windows Vista

> OSX Tiger vs. Vista vs. Ubuntu Security: a 15 Point Report Card
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| When shopping for a new computer, your mind is probably spinning with
>| considerations: price, reliability, speed, software capabilities, security,
>| and other specs. Perhaps the hardest part is choosing an operating system on
>| which everything will run. To get a good idea of what capabilities Apple?s
>| OSX Tiger/Leopard, Windows Vista, and Ubuntu Linux have to offer, check out
>| our 15 point report card that compares the levels of protection you?ll get
>| with each of them.
> `----
>
> http://www.virtualhosting.com/blog/2007/osx-tiger-vs-vista-vs-ubuntu-security-a-15-point-report-card/
>
> Vista will be "the most secure ever," says Microsoft, but not according to
> this. It is said to be the least secure O/S.

Well, it's a viewpoint thing.  Compared with other Microsoft operating
systems, it might be the most secure.  Compared with Linux, clearly, it
won't even come close to the level of security which Linux users have
long since come to expect.