[News] Linux Media Center in Just 8 Megabytes Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] Linux Media Center in Just 8 Megabytes Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:53:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
GeeXboX, Windows Media Center Killer

,----[ Quote ]
| GeeXBoX is really worth a try, and I will recommend it to anyone who wants a
| quick, lightweight and easy-to-use multimedia OS. Bottom line, if you are a
| multimedia enthusiast but has a really old computer hardware, forget about
| the obscure and resource-hungry Windows Media Center operating system. Use
| this 8MB “wonder” Linux instead.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/10/geexbox-windows-media-center-killer.html

Recent:

Ex-MS security guru to dump Media Center for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Ex-MS-security-guru-dumps-Media-Center-for-Linux/0,130061733,339282399,00.htm
http://tinyurl.com/34as9b