Re: Linus Torvalds, RMS, and Attention to More Proxies

> ____/ Ramon F Herrera on Saturday 27 October 2007 19:50 : \____
>
>> On Oct 27, 9:59 am, Linonut <lino...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>>  > That article is complete shit, Roy.
>>
>> Nope, I wouldn't define it as shit. Far form it. It is a nice example
>> of propaganda. We all know that "sex sells", but this guy is
>> considering the unique characteristics of his audience (read: customer
>> base). Just like the tabloids sell ads based on scandals, this guy is
>> selling some "Xfile" application and the best he could come up with
>> was to write a controversial article (full of crap, I agree) to
>> attract our eyes.
>>
>> -Ramon
>
> Speaking of controversy and propaganda, this one comes to mind.
>
> Interview with Dr Andrew S Tanenbaum
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Andrew S Tanenbaum: A couple of years ago this guy called Ken Brown
>| wrote a book saying that Linus stole Linux from me, from Minix,
>| and therefore the intellectual property rights are unclear and
>| therefore companies shouldn't use Linux because I might sue them.
>|
>| It later came out that Microsoft had paid him to do this --
>| and I defended Linus. I wrote on my Web site saying that this
>| guy Brown came through, visited me and I gave him the
>| [correct] story.
> `----
>
> http://www.builderau.com.au/strategy/architecture/soa/Interview_with_Dr_Andrew_S_Tanenbaum/0,339028264,339273224,00.htm
> http://tinyurl.com/3c78xz

Yeah - this was part of the SCO legal activity, wasn't it?  Trying to
"prove" that Linux couldn't possibly have been written, even though
every step of the development of it is public domain information.

Maybe they should've recruited Dan Brown instead.  We could've had a new
bestseller "The Linux Code"....

arghhhhhhhh - sorry folks :-)