Re: Free Speech Under Attack In Comp.Os.Linux.Advocacy

____/ Peter Köhlmann on Sunday 28 October 2007 09:37 : \____

> peterwn wrote:
>
>> On Oct 28, 10:35 am, traci.manico...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> It appears that the hypocrites in comp.os.linux.advocacy are hard at
>>> work behind the scenes attempting to have people who disagree with
>>> them silenced.
>>> I received a notice from my ISP that several complaints had been
>>> logged against me for posting off topic posts in
>>> comp.os.linux.advocacy.
>>
>> Well, it was the wintrolls who were complaining about Roy's postings
>> to the Vice-Chancellor of his university, or they conveniently forget
>> this.  As well as some of the quite disgusting comments from wintrolls
>> about people whose postings are 100% within the purpose of the ng - is
>> it the third or fourth word (or both) of the title COLA they do not
>> understand.
>
> I am quite certain that people complained (that is *if* anyone complained at
> all) because flatfish posted libellous stuff. And impersonated others.

Yes, Gary Stewart and co. were causing as much chaos as they could and harassed
random people around here. It was not effective, however, because some of
these people know me in person

Ironically, what the trolls did had the opposite effect because I actually got
to know and speak to people whom I never would meet otherwise.

The fact remains that their intend was malicious.

Google: organising the world's information.  Government: reorgnaising
                     the world's information (censorship) in its favour