[News] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger

  • Subject: [News] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:11:17 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Russians use Geforce to crack Vista passwords

,----[ Quote ]
| From what we understand, the firm hasn't tried SLI yet. Large financial
| institutions may wish to cower around about now.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/25/russians-geforce-crack-open

Another article seems to agree that Vista is somehow at the centre of this.

Related:

Microsoft Vista failed to spur graphics board business

,----[ Quote ]
| More data from Jon Peddie Research confirmed the anecdotal
| evidence the channel has relayed to us about the introduction
| of Microsoft Vista.

Content in lockdown

,----[ Quote ]
| There is a short list of parties who will be unauthorized to access
| your frame buffer: You.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/03/28/14OPcurve_1.html

DRM in Windows Vista