[News] Proprietary Software Company (Black Duck) Plagiarises Open Source Tracker

  • Subject: [News] Proprietary Software Company (Black Duck) Plagiarises Open Source Tracker
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:06:18 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Palamida: Rival snitched open-source database

,----[ Quote ]
| A day later, Palamida cried foul. "After two days of intense investigation,
| we have confirmed that most of our database has been copied directly--word
| for word and misspelling for misspelling, with very few original additions to
| our initial work," said Palamida spokeswoman Melisa LaBancz-Bleasdale,
| pointing the "blatant plagiarism" finger at Black Duck.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9803799-39.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

[sarcasm] Those "freetard" proprietary giants. [/sarcasm]

Black Duck analyses open source code, but it's not open source. It's like
Krugle and many other companies that get associated with open source for the
wrong reasons.

Related:

Hey Microsoft, isn't that the iPod scroll wheel?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is showing off more than a dozen new phones designed to work
| with its business telephony software, but the thing that caught my
| eye was the iPod-like scroll wheel on one of the models.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9719258-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

WTF? Microsoft steals Apple Universal Logo

| Now, granted it's just a yin yang symbol, but M$ is using the exact same
| colors but flipped the image horizontally.
`----

http://flickr.com/photos/47714080@N00/309724870/

Microsoft gives up trying and starts blatantly copying?

,----[ Quote ]
| John Gruber just made quite an interesting post/find on his site
| about how Microsoft has straight copied Apple?s Workgroup
| Manager Icon.
`----

http://theappleblog.com/2006/12/11/microsoft-gives-up-trying-and-starts-blatantly-copying/

Microsoft Rips Off Apple's Workgroup Manager Icon

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://daringfireball.net/2006/12/microsoft_workgroup_manager_icon