[News] Free/Open Source Companies Brag Large Userbases and High Numbers of Downloads (Millions)

  • Subject: [News] Free/Open Source Companies Brag Large Userbases and High Numbers of Downloads (Millions)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:24:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Blender developer talks the future of open-source 3D

,----[ Quote ]
| There were about 1.8 million downloads during 2006-2007. That only includes
| downloads directly from Blender.org and official Blender mirrors, so there
| are quite a few more downloads than that.
`----

http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=8932

Openbravo executives open up on the ERP solution

,----[ Quote ]
| Openbravo, an Open Source web-based ERP product, was project of the month on
| SourceForge in September. The project uses a Mozilla Public License 1.1 (MPL
| 1.1). It has 68 developers and over 200 contributors and has been downloaded
| over 350,000 times; with that number increasing by about 1,000 downloads per
| day.
`----

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/secid;782452;id;82978343;fp;4;fpid;782452

OGIS Becomes MuleSource Partner to Deliver Most Popular Open Source Integration
Software Throughout Japan and Asia

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source Mule ESB product has been downloaded more than 1 million
| times and is used in more than 1,000 production deployments worldwide. The
| ESB is proving to be the critical SOA technology choice as it defines what
| data interfaces are accessible.
`----

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20071024005350&newsLang=en

Mindtouch rising in the open-source wiki market

,----[ Quote ]
| Mindtouch has hit 100,000 installations and grows by ~50% each month. Why?
| Reading through the blogosphere, it's because of its ease of use and rich
| functionality. I may give it a spin over the next few days....
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9804155-16.html

Pentaho Expands European Operations

,----[ Quote ]
| Roughly one-third of Pentaho's 100,000 monthly downloads come from European
| countries.
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=784952

Profitability first, then open source, works for Projity

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119693