[News] Linux-based OSD (Neuros) Wins Praises, Reaches Market and Excited

  • Subject: [News] Linux-based OSD (Neuros) Wins Praises, Reaches Market and Excited
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:08:16 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Linux-based Neuros OSD

,----[ Quote ]
| Neuros Technology did it again: one more of their interesting media products
| hits the market, and this time it uses Linux. We used the Neuros OSD this
| past week and here's what we think about it.
|
| [...]
|
| Overall, Neuros seems to get it. Extensibility, plus a powerful product.
| Hopefully HD abilities and failing that, S-Video out, will be available on
| the next major revision of the product. Sure, it doesn't feel as cool as an
| AppleTV, but it does so much more!
|
| Rating: 8/10
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story.php/18832/The-Linux-based-Neuros-OSD/

Product alert: Neuros Open Source Device

,----[ Quote ]
| With an Open Source basis, the potential for the developer community to make
| grand extensions to the Neuros OSD could be huge.
`----

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/news.aspx?CIaNID=63630

Related:

YouTube on the TV with the OSD

,----[ Quote ]
| Neuros is certainly not the only ones bringing net video to the TV, but we
| are probably the only CE company doing it with open source. Nowhere is the
| intersection between free software and free speech more obvious. If the
| connection between the internet and the TV falls into the hands of a
| proprietary vendor's closed solution, then the hard won free speech victory
| of he internet will fall far short of its ultimate potential.
`----

http://open.neurostechnology.com/node/905

Apple TV hacked already

,----[ Quote ]
| Enthusiasts from Something Awful forum were annoyed by the general
| lack of third party movie support for Apple's latest product, Apple
| TV - and went on to create something useful with it. Awkward and
| Sabretooth modified Apple's little box and got it working with
| Xvid files with no problems.

Linux is running on APPLE TV

,----[ Quote ]

`----