Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:32:02 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

> William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> ____/ Kier on Wednesday 24 October 2007 09:23 : \____

>> I suppose he thinks that this waste of licence payers fees didn't contribute
>> to it either? As I posted before:-
>>
>> How much did they pay to M$ for iPlayer?  I saw somewhere it was
>> approximately £200 million, though I can't find teh link ATM.
>>
>> There was £90million lost here:
>> http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,2122369,00.html
>>
>> And how much was wasted here?
>> http://www.ukfree.tv/fullstory.php?storyid=1107051166
>>
>> The BBC has a £2 *billion* shortfall in it's budget, & thus is making
>> cutbacks which include selling off the BBC Television Centre.
>> http://itn.co.uk/news/fbfadf1f215d2d4b1125c59163cfd804.html
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7050122.stm
>>
>> Now if Kier doesn't think those losses are a *huge* chunk out of the BBC's
>> budget.....or maybe he doesn't believe they *are* losses.
>>

> I don't think Kier wants to add it up.  He's very very naive, and
> reminds me of the 3 monkeys (see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil).

You are a pompous idiot. Unlike like you, I can see boths sides. NOt
everything in Linux land is perfect, and not everything on the MS side is
evil. You want to believe that, go right ahead, but I'm not going to
pretend it do just because *you* say so.

> Frankly, other than supporting proprietary software and the shilcosystem
> here, I've don't know why he's here.

Are you *really* this fucking dishonest? I am here *to advocate Linux*.
Not to whine about how terrible MS is day in, day out. I do not even *use*
Windows any more. I do not advocate, and I do not like it. I think that
much of what MS does is wrong.

The people who work at MS are real people too, Mark. They have wives and
children and mortgages too. None of them have horns and tails, any more
than Beeb employees all have halos.

--
Kier