Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>> The BBC could conveniently hire /local/ programmers as they did in
>> the past to build a framework for delivery of content (there's
>> information on their Web site and there's skill to take pride in if
>> you look at history).
>
> Yes, in fact the Beeb used to have a thriving FOSS development strategy,
> producing such things as the Dirac codec, before Ballmer's goons arrived
> on the scene to pervert the BBC into a Microsoft franchise.
>
> Indeed, the Beeb already /had/ a media delivery framework based on
> RealNetworks technology, which will presumably be phased out to make way
> for Microsoft's expensive and insecure Slopware.
>
> This "investment" was nothing but a criminal waste of taxpayers' money.

It is, but Sophie, or should I say Gary, (dress fitting well, Gary?)
conveniently ignore the other thing which has yet to be factored in.
The BBC receive *nothing at all* for this money.  Microsoft are merely
delivering what they were already developing.

And, it gets worse, since the BBC will pay *every time* a licence-fee
payer uses the system.  Yup, we get to pay *over and over*.  If a foss
system had been used, there would have been an up-front charge, but
after that, it would only have been maintenance costs.