Grumble

My Windows installation is screwed. This pisses me off because for the
last few months I've left the IT field completely. I don't work in IT
anymore, I'm a regular workin joe. I go to work, bust my ass, then go
home to a nice meal and crash.

My solace is Rise Of Nations. I like the game, it relaxes me.

Windows started acting up with the "I'm shutting down in 60 seconds"
crap on boot, but a quick Start->Run 'Shutdown /A' would kill it.
Naturally I figured that I should fix the underlying problem, so I
tried. I fixed the filesystem (there wee problems), I fixed the Windows
install (there were problems), and I did a rescue install of Windows.
Once Windows was reinstalled I couldn't do updates. I found out what the
problems was and fixed it. Some proggy wasn't registered, so I
registered it via a CLI wangle. Once that was done, I could install the
eighty some odd updates that were to be done. All well and good.

NOW IT FUCKIN HAS THE SHUTDOWN IN 60 SECONDS THING AGAIN! FUCK!

Any argument that says time is money and Windows saves time can kiss my
ass. Windows has created an industry wasting time. I'm posting from
Linux, and people pay me over and above my workin mans wage because I
know how Linux works.

Grr. I'm frustrated.

--
SHHHHHH.  LISTEN.