Re: Microsoft Extortion Racket---Now Turbolinux

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Tuesday 23 October 2007 18:25 : \____

> <Quote>
> Add TurboLinux to the Microsoft patent-protection roster...It's been a
> while since Microsoft signed up any more Linux distro vendors to
> participate as patent-protection partners. But on October 22, the
> Redmondians announced they've added TurboLinux to the fold....
>
> I asked Microsoft whether the Turbo deal will include a loophole via
> which Microsoft will not indemnify TurboLinux customers who are
> running GNU General Public License (GPL) v3 software. Microsoft has
> added riders to its agreements with Novell and Linspire, claiming that
> it does not believe it is obligated to cover users running GPLv3
> software. No word back yet. Also no word on whether Turbo is licensing
> any technologies or patents from Microsoft as part of the arrangement.
>
> Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer recently called out Red Hat by name as a
> violator of Microsoft patents. Red Hat officials have said they have
> no intention of signing a patent-protection deal with Microsoft.
> </Quote>
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=856

The {Criminals at Redmond}^TM have a plan. Change the law with lobbyistys,
bribe some people to welcome the changes (Novell et al), pay US government
(charities and presidential campaigns) to offer you 'protection'.

5. Profit!

"Fat operating systems spend most of their energy supporting their own fat."
        --Nicholas Negroponte, MIT Media Lab, rediff.com, Apr 2006
Tasks: 105 total,   1 running, 104 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie