Re: Reasons to Hate Vista Listed; Many Companies Reject It Blindly

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, SnTHoliday
<sntholiday@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:30:34 -0000
<1193160634.491339.250030@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> What OS is perfect? I've tried Ubuntu, Fedora, and Suse and they all
> have problems. Who wants to spend hours getting your wireless to work,
> or to get decent graphics? Linux surely doesn't have it together in
> these areas. At least Vista WORKS.

No version numbers, no hardware specifications
(x86? sparc? arm? 68k??  WNIC vendor?  WNIC product?
WINC firmware rev, maybe??  Kernel rev?  Distro rev?
Distro package revs??), no indications of what errors you
are getting with your setup, no real details of any sort.

If you're expecting help here with such a vague message,
you're going to have to provide a lot more information,
probably with a change of venue (comp.os.linux.setup
is thataway).

And if you're not expecting help with your setup -- erm,
why are you here, precisely?

As for wireless setup -- it may depend on area and hardware,
but it ideally would be as easy as detailed in the page

http://helpdesk.uafortsmith.edu/Guides/VistaWirelessSetup

(found by Google search) which presumably is specific to
the University of Arkansas, Fort Smith campus WiFi system,
but similar instructions would presumably apply anywhere.

(I don't do wireless myself, so can't be too helpful.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
New Technology?  Not There.  No Thanks.