Re: [News] Another Kick-ass Column from Jeremy Allison on INNOVA~1

____/ BearItAll on Tuesday 23 October 2007 13:35 : \____

> DFS wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> "It is simple free market economics, the better product at the best price
>>> will win.
>>>
>>> http://free2code.blogspot.com/2007/04/innovation-real-killer-app.html
>>
>> Great self-Linux-nuke there, genius.  Explains why Windows/commercial code
>> has always and will always win... not just win, but absolutely destroy
>> Linux/OSS.
>>

> Commercial products are not banned from the open source camp. If you have
> written an application and want to charge for it's use or a service
> connected with it's you can do that.

He's spreading FUD. Microsoft does this too (about the GPL and how 'cancerous'
it is). I used to use MATLAB on Linux for years. It's proprietary. I no longer
use it, by the way, so all my apps are Free software (some drivers may not
be).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Never awaking askew, no matter what they ask you