Re: Windows Can't Just Do What Linux Does

On Oct 22, 7:41 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Things I can easily do in Linux but can't in windows
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | This is a short sharp and shiny list of things that I can easily do in Linux
> | but find it hard or impossible to do in windows.
> |
> |     * Connect more than four people across the internet to a graphical
> |       interface at the same time.

MSFT has a videoconferencing program to do this--kind of complicated
to set up though.

> |     * Tinker around with the source code.

Why?  Invitation to disaster.

> |     * Compile my own Linux from scratch.

Big deal.  So?  does that make you feel like a programmer somehow?

> |     * Have as many or as little programs installed as I want.

Windows does that.  Liar.

> |     * Change every aspect of the user interface to suit my needs.

Ditto

> |     * Never pay for any program.

Sorry to hear you're poor.

> |     * Use more of my memory for programs and not for the operating system.

Opinion, not fact.

> |     * Use less than one gigabyte of hard disk

Sorry to hear you're poor.

RL