[News] Wine-Linux Integration is Improved

  • Subject: [News] Wine-Linux Integration is Improved
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 06:06:24 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Winefix - improved desktop integration for Wine

,----[ Quote ]
| A script called winefix. In short, it allows Wine applications to be run just
| as easily as those native to Linux, meaning that they can be linked to or run
| from any directory, whether from a terminal or even a file manager like
| nautilus. It also handles some of the more awkward Wine extensions like .lnk
| and .msi, akkowing them to be run with a double click.
`----

http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2007/10/winefix-improved-desktop-integration.html

Related:

Wine is Getting Good

,----[ Quote ]
| Wine is at version 0.9.47. As it nears version 1.0, it's becoming clear that
| the goals of the project are being met.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/21069

TransGaming and Mandriva Renew OEM Agreement to Game Enable MandrivaLinux 2008
With Cedega

,----[ Quote ]
| Cedega is the world's only commercial gaming solution for the Linux operating
| system. Cedega allows users to run PC games on their Linux operating system
| seamlessly, transparently, and with equivalent performance and game play.
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=777371

Wine-doors 0.1 aka Vinegar Finger

,----[ Quote ]
| I am proud to announce that after just over a year, 809 changes, and before
| LUG Radio Live wine-doors 0.1 has been branched in SVN, A tarball is
| available from the downloads page, if anyone builds debs and rpms I’ll use
| them honest.
`----

http://www.wine-doors.org/wordpress/?p=24

Wine-doors 0.1.1 (oenology oidium)