[News] [Rival] Windows Spyware... Now a Mandatory 'Gift' from Governments

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Spyware... Now a Mandatory 'Gift' from Governments
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 05:59:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Schäuble renews calls for surreptitious online searches of PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| In his speech towards the end of the national conference of the Junge Union,
| the youth organization of the ruling conservative Christian Democratic Union
| (CDU), in Berlin the Federal Minister of the Interior Wolfgang Schäuble has
| again come out in favor of allowing authorities to search private PCs
| secretly online and of deploying the German Armed Forces in Germany in the
| event of an emergency.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/97755/from/rss09

Related:

German spyware plans trigger row

,----[ Quote ]
| The e-mails would contain Trojans - software that secretly installs itself on
| suspects' computers, allowing agents to search the hard drives.

FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware

,----[ Quote ]
| There are plenty of unanswered questions about the FBI spyware that, as we
| reported earlier this week, can be delivered over the Internet and implanted
| in a suspect's computer remotely.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9747666-7.html

United States Government Online Watchdogs? Part of the war on terror?

`----

http://www.whitedust.net/news/3984/United_States_Government_Online_Watchdogs?_Part_of_the_war_on_terror?.../