Re: The Micoshaft Asstroturfer rodolfo.garcia, is back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

____/ Kier on Sunday 21 October 2007 21:29 : \____

> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:31:29 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
>
>> In article <pan.2007.10.21.13.26.41.279284@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>  Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Quality would stil be preferable to quantity. Some of Roy's NEWS posts
>>> need serious pruning, and he should make sure he isn't distorting the
>>> original material. That way he will not leave himself so open to critcism.
>>
>> In a Digg thread, when someone complained, he excused his error because
>> he doesn't actually read the stories he submits.  He just skims the
>> first paragraph or so, and then submits it, so the high error rate is
>> not surprising.
>>
>> Sometimes I suspect Roy is a brilliant marketeer.  Get a few RSS feeds.
>> Skim them, and post the a couple random quotes and a link.  Do this
>> hundreds of times.  Slip in a few that link back to your own
>> ad-supported site.  With a little scripting, this could be mostly
>> automated, and you get to drive traffic to your site.  His boycott*
>> sites are running on a very inexpensive hosting service, so it would not
>> take much ad traffic to be profitable.  The large volume of
>> semi-automated posts makes it so the self-link posts don't stand out,
>> and he thus avoids getting tagged as spamming for his own sites.
>
> That may be so, but I doubt that is his motive for doing what he does.

AdSense pays about $20-30 a month for all sites (most visitors have AdBlock),
so my hosting expenses exceed the amount of 'compensation'. I have said from
the start (2004, IIRC) that any excess money I would just donate to charity.
I'm not there yet. I pay Catalyst2 some high bills sometimes and Google gives
pittance. I run this for freedom, not personal benefit. It's about passion,
not greed. It's innately against greed. And I enjoy it.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    The most satisfying eXPerience is UNIX
Cpu(s): 25.6%us,  4.3%sy,  1.0%ni, 65.0%id,  3.7%wa,  0.2%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st