Re: [News] Producing impeccable documents in LaTeX with Kile

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 20 October 2007 21:55 : \____

> Publishing High-Quality Documents with Kile
>
> .----
> | Discerning typesetters have long relied on Tex and LaTeX for
> | impeccable-looking documents. Now they have a front-end that works
> | under Linux and BSD and brings control of the compilers and related
> | utilities under the comprehensive graphical user interface. Authors
> | and editors who use Kile can get increased productivity in the
> | document creation business. This article will highlight some of
> | Kile's key features which make it so attractive to newcomers to
> | LaTeX.
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/101807-kile.html
>
> TeX has no equal, especially where the typesetting of mathematical
> formulae is concerned, and tools like Kile and LyX make working with
> this sometimes complex language a breeze.

I prefer LyX. It's a nice front which I prefer because I never tried Kile (just
seen it briefly)... probably easier to use than WordPerfect, OOo, and that
other suite many people use on Windows and Macs. There's also raw LaTeX
editing, which isn't as hard as people imagine. It's also very flexible...
producing presentations and posters if you get the right class files. Done all
of this before and the advantage is that you can open, edit, manipulate,
export, and extract semantics from work you did decades ago. Digital
preservation at its finest.

Roy S. Schestowitz     | D-I-S-C-O becomes D-I-E S-C-O
Swap:  1510068k total,   277112k used,  1232956k free,    57144k cached