Re: [News] PlayStation 3 Gets Another Linux Showcase

Mike <mv011e9926@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>> PS3 + Linux + Firefox = Office 2.0 computing
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Sony and a technology site are using a conference to show off a
>> confluence of
>> | next-generation, monopoly-bypassing technology: a Sony Playstation 3
>> | videogame console running Linux and Firefox as a foundation for
>> | Web-based "Office 2.0" applications.

>> showing
>> | off the system at the Office 2.0 Conference in San Francisco. IT|Redux
>> is the
>> | show organizer.
>> `----
>>
>> http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9772115-1.html
>>

> Bloody expensive PC.

Very cheap one.  Very quiet, uses little power, doesn't burn your house
down.  Plays blueray or whatever it is, as well as games, too.  Small
enough to put on a bookshelf, attractive enough to have in the lounge.

I wonder how much air-con could be saved in a call-centre using these
instead of standard PCs - the savings could be in the millions.