Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Possibly an Antitrust Law Violator After Its OOXML Corruptions

> ____/ [H]omer on Saturday 08 September 2007 10:52 : \____
>
>> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> [...]
>>> Umm, interesting...  not much rope left now.
>>
>> About time too.
>>
>> Of particular interest to me, was this link to an article discussing
>> Microsoft's deceptive use of the "RAND" principle:
>>

> http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20060607091049902&;
>>
>> This relates closely to the Mono/.Net issue.
>
> The closer I look at Mono, the uglier it looks and it turns out I'm not alone.
> I just happen to be the most vocal person to speak about it at the moment
> (other are shy because Mono~=GNOME and it leads to flamewars). Silverlight
> reignited some of that old fire.
>
> We seriously must get out of this Mono trap.

The problem with RAND is that it is neither reasonable nor
non-discriminatory.  Other than that, I see no problems.  Mono is a
man-trap of awesome proportions, being entirely about Miguel de Icaza's
desires to work for Microsoft.