[News] SCI Linux Might be on the Way; Firewire Support in Linux to Advance

  • Subject: [News] SCI Linux Might be on the Way; Firewire Support in Linux to Advance
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 05:15:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux powered TreCorder speeds up data collection at crime scenes

,----[ Quote ]
| Does this mean that we will be seeing a TreCorder on CSI some time soon? Will
| Gil Grissom become a lInux geek as well as an insect freak? Seriosuly though,
| anything that can speed up the forensic data collection process has got to be
| a good thing. It should help bring more bad bad guys to justice in less time,
| and save money as a result.

Firewire Subsystems TODO Lists

,----[ Quote ]
| Stefan Richter posted the IEEE1394 subsytem and FireWire subsystem TODO lists
|
| [...]
|
| The current IEEE1394 subsystem is available for the 2.6 and 2.4 kernels, also
| known as the Linux1394 driver stack. Kristian Høgsberg started development of
| the new FireWire stack, nicknamed "Juju", in December of 2006.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Firewire_Subsystems_TODO_Lists

Related:

Linux: New Firewire Stack In Development

,----[ Quote ]
| Ben Collins expressed some concerns about the decision to
| abandon the existing stack, "the tree is years old, and a
| lot of work has been put into it (lots of my work, I'll admit
| I'm being a little protective). I'm not sure that 'replacing'i
| t is wise, or even needed. Fork it, clean it up, but rewriting
| just doesn't make sense."
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/node/7462

Linux: New FireWire Stack Update