Re: [News] [Rival] More XBox360 Expoilts, Mistakes, Flukes

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ban-solid/major-nelson-clears-up-the-xbox-live-mega+ban-297293.php

> > Even if they did a 24-hour ban of users for using an Expliot,  would it
be
> > right or wrong?
>
> Thanks. Yes, I saw the reference to Kotaku yesterday. The exploit itself
is
> what drew people's attention. As pointed out in the OP, exploit in
> the 'system' have previously cost people money. Accounts got stolen and
> Microsoft tried to deny the issue. It was a big story at the time and a
lot of
> people were angry.

Why do you blame MS,  they didn't design or distribute the COD4,  all they
did was post the game for download,   Infinity Ward team (owned by
Activision) designed it and its distrubuted by Activision.
What accounts got stolen?   Most/All of the people who had beta tokens gave
them to friends,  since you have to login with your account first anyway and
then delete the account,  if you want too.  I beleive you need a Gold
account to play COD4 beta online and both people would most likey have a
Gold account.  Either way its not hard to get a Beta token for COD4,  just
about everyone is giving them away, another 100K was just released as of
yesterday.

I guess only Linux users steal from friends or they don't have friends to
steal from in the first place....