[News] [Rival] Windows is an Intelligence Tool for US Government

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows is an Intelligence Tool for US Government
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 14:23:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft operating system caches secret surveillance programs on China?

,----[ Quote ]
| Not long ago, Norton anti-virus software reported and eliminated two programs
| of Microsoft Windows systems, mistaking them for Trojan horse virus programs,
| which immediately led to a system collapse. Later Norton recognized that it
| had "misreported": the virus.
`----

http://thingsthatpeoplewilldo.blogspot.com/2007/09/microsoft-operating-system-caches.html

Related:

Vista a 'threat' to the national security of India

,----[ Quote ]
| As Mr Bombay Watcher says on his blog, Microsoft has a cosy partnership
| with the CIA, so perhaps the world should take care and caution when it
| comes time to upgrade. We're pretty certain Windows 3.1 would be a safe
| bet. He seems particularly worried about the national security of India,
| as it does, of course, have some conflicting interests with the US
| of A.

Russian expert: Terrorists may try cyberattacks

,----[ Quote ]
| A Russian computer security expert predicts that terrorists could
| seek to target the country's critical infrastructure through
| electronic warfare, a strategy that could raise the stakes in
| how Russia handles computer crime.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=2104593093&rid=-50

Homeland Security sees cyberthreats on the rise

,----[ Quote ]
| To test the nation's response to a cyberattack, the Department
| of Homeland Security plans to hold another major exercise,
| called Cyberstorm II, in March 2008, Garcia said. A first
| such exercise happened early last year.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-7355_3-6157809.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news
http://tinyurl.com/2dpbmv

FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware

,----[ Quote ]
| There are plenty of unanswered questions about the FBI spyware that, as we
| reported earlier this week, can be delivered over the Internet and implanted
| in a suspect's computer remotely.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9747666-7.html

Back doors in Windows XP...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGlNTEQ0RzM

Mother of all spyware...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forget-about-the-WGA-20-Windows-Vista-Features-and-Services-Harvest-User-Data-for-Microsoft-58752.shtml

Police eats your CPU cycles and disk space (even without the user having access
to changes)...

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista—Microsoft’s latest operating system—may prove to be most
| appropriately named, especially for those seeking evidence of how a
| computer was used.
`----

http://www.abanet.org/journal/ereport/jy13tkjasn.html

Will Microsoft Put The Colonel in the Kernel?

,----[ Quote ]
| "The kernel meets The Colonel in a just-published Microsoft patent
| application for an Advertising Services Architecture, which delivers targeted
| advertising as 'part of the OS.'

German government admits it is already conducting online searches

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/88895/from/rss09