[News] [Rival] Microsoft's Poor Compatibility by Design Includes Sliverlight, XBox360

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Poor Compatibility by Design Includes Sliverlight, XBox360
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 13:49:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Silverlight - "cross-browser, cross-platform" media

,----[ Quote ]
| Confused, welcome to the "cross-browser, cross platform" part of Microsoft’s
| new venture. I know I am using Linux, and there are only 29 Million of us out
| there, but I had hoped that "Cross-browser, cross-platform" may include us. I
| had also hoped that my browser (Firefox) would at least be able to display
| the download page correctly. Clearly it does not include anybody using *nix
| or Apple users who use Safari. What is more, I am unable to find exactly what
| Microsoft defines as "cross-browser",
`----

http://www.timwintle.co.uk/blog.pl/Web/silverlight-tafiti.html

Microsoft Confirms Xbox 360 Migration Incompatibilities, despite suggesting
otherwise

,----[ Quote ]
| This is contradictory to the information and videos provided by various
| Microsoft representatives during the over-hyped launch of the Xbox 360 Elite.
`----

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=20551

Liars, as usual.

Related:

Microsoft's 'Everywhere' excludes Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| This browser add-on enables rendering of WPF content, but
| "Everywhere" doesn't include Linux.

Microsoft Announces Cross-Platform Ad Strategy

,----[ Snippet ]
| ...will allow marketers to reach customers across Microsoft's many
| platforms, including MSN, the XBox, Microsoft Live, Office Online,
| Windows Mobile, and Microsoft TV.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/indie/060926/293_id.html?.v=2

Analysts: Microsoft Changes Meaning Of 'Release Candidate'

,----[ Quote ]
| Two industry watchers say Microsoft is corrupting the term, leading to
| major confusion among customers and others about whether the operating
| system is truly ready to evaluate.
|
| Two analysts Thursday accused Microsoft Corp. of changing the meaning
| of "release candidate" by pushing out a version of Windows Vista that
| still needs major work.
|
| [...]
|
| Joe Wilcox, an analyst with JupiterResearch, said that Microsoft's
| corrupted the term.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=192700055&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_News

ECIS Accuses Microsoft of Plotting HTML Hijack

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/ECIS_Accuses_Microsoft_of_Plotting_HTML_Hijack/1169824569