[News] AMD Pulls a Microsoft, Restricts Publication

  • Subject: [News] AMD Pulls a Microsoft, Restricts Publication
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 01:56:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
AMD NDA Scandal

,----[ Quote ]
| Just two weeks ago, we reported that a Thai journalist walked out of the
| hush-hush (but ultimately pointless) AMD event in Singapore over a
| controversial NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) that required him to "send any
| stories to the vendor before his newspaper can publish it".
|
| [...]
|
| Curiously, Don stated that "AMD issued an apology a week later saying the
| incident was a misunderstanding among certain local staff and that it is not,
| and has never been, AMD policy to vet the stories of tier-1 publications
| prior to publication." What exactly did AMD mean by that?
|
| Does that mean it is AMD policy to vet tier-2 and tier-3 publications? I will
| let you decide for yourselves.
`----

http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=441

Related:

Vista license limits benchmarks

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the Vista user agreement (EULA), because the OS contains
| "one or more components" of the .Net Framework 3.0, users can conduct
| internal benchmarking of those components, but can't disclose the
| results of those benchmarks--or measurements to compare rival
| products--unless they comply with conditions found at a Microsoft Web
| site
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,127719-c,vistalonghorn/article.html

PC World Editor Resigns When Ordered Not to Criticize Advertisers

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/03/1810239&from=rss

,----[ Quote ]
| "It also was strange to see just how many resources are aligned
| against me when I write a story about Microsoft."
|
| "there were close to a dozen other people involved...Some transcribed
| the interviews I conducted; others kept notes on my every utterance
| for clues about what questions I might ask next and ultimately what my
| story would say; others briefed executives with questions I had asked
| and suggested good answers."
`----

http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/03/enough_about_me.html

What happened to the guts?