Re: The Reaons MSBBC Cannot be Taken Seriously Anymore

It was on, or about,  Sun, 09 Sep 2007 06:22:56 +0900, that as I was
halfway through a large jam doughnut, High Plains Thumper wrote:

> William Poaster wrote:
>> Mark Kent wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> Believe me, there is a long way further down to go before it looks
>>> like US television.  You might not believe it, but it's worse than you
>>> can possibly imagine.
>>
>> I know, I have a house in the US.
>
> I remember in 1977 or '78, listening to short wave radio broadcasts from
> BBC Australia during wee hours of the night in US.  They spoke of
> skirmishes in Borneo, so many troops and insurgents killed, etc.  This
> was news that never made headlines in US TV news and newspapers.

1977/78? There was the "Malayan Emergency" in the 1950's aimed at
destroying a communist guerrilla movement, but I don't recall anything in
the 1970's.

> Takeover of BBC by Microsoft concerns me.  It appears to be another way
> to censor news about Linux and other operating systems, IMHO.

It concerns a lot of people who know what's going on.

--
Surely you are not comparing the non-existent Linux (at that time) with
(Windows)98? - Hadron aka Hadron Quark, Hans Schneider, & Damian O'Leary