Re: [News] Samba 4 Enters Testing Phase, Microsoft Uses 'Puppets' to Fight Samba

[H]omer wrote:

>> | “We read the license,” says Allison about MCPP. “It’s impossible to
>> | release open source implementations of the product. You have to
>> | keep it secret. This defeats the whole idea of open source.”
>
> I wonder to what degree this is also true of ATI/AMD's new "Open Source"
> initiative? I saw the acronym "NDA", which set alarm bells ringing.

Well, ATI/AMD will not release the source of the existing closed source
drivers. They will release a base driver plus enough info to complete it to
a basically full funtioning one
Their problem (much like nVidias problem) is that they are required to keep
it closed, as Vistas DRM idiocy depends partially on it
--
We are Linux. Resistance is measured in Ohms.