Re: [News] [Rival] More XBox360 Expoilts, Mistakes, Flukes

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mark Kent
<mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 7 Sep 2007 22:42:29 +0100
<57t8r4-aea.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> COD4 Beta 2nd Profile Exploit: 23k used it, MS Fixed It and LIVE Bans for 24h
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| There was an exploit (it's been resolved), in the call of duty 4 beta. The
>>| public beta had 100k valid participants who qualified and were provided
>>| special tokens which allowed them to download the COD4 beta from marketplace.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EElApVupyuSQVbmCxF.php
>>
>> They had incidents of theft not so long ago (month of May-ish).
>>
>> Microsoft ships incorrect Xbox 360 power cords, fires monkeys in shipping
>> department
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Nice job, Redmond. It seems that Microsoft has inadvertently shipped 20,000
>>| American Xbox 360s to their European distribution channels. Uh oh.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/09/05/microsoft-ships-incorrect-xbox-360-power-cords-fires-monkeys-in-shipping-department/
>
> Ah, they're trying to give them away now...

Oh yes.  There's a radio ad I heard at one point, and
one presumably is familiar with the occasional Web ad
"Shoot the <boat|rubber ducky|burglar|alien spacecraft|...>,
win a <insert thing here>", which includes iPods and XBox 360s.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
/dev/signature: Resource temporarily unavailable