Re: Challenge for Roy, Mark, or Linonut

It was on, or about,  Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:54:19 +0100, that as I was
halfway through a large jam doughnut, Mark Kent wrote:

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 06 September 2007 13:59 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> I wonder how much he costs?
>>
>> Sweden was bought for only $30,000, IIRC. That's not bad. About a third
>> of a cent per capita.
>>
>> I wonder how cheap Colombia was. The currency there is different and
>> it's among the first countries where we found a breathtaking (yet in
>> this case unsurprising) case of corruption. Among about 13 voters, at
>> lease 9 were Microsoft partners. Imagine Microsoft getting prepared for
>> a 'national' meeting and making a decision. They just end up saying,
>> "hey, who invited you, 'other guys'?" and overwhelm the panel, whose
>> chairman was in many cases a Microsoft partners as well. In
>> Switzerland, the chairman ignore and overrode the advice and decision
>> of the panel after speaking to someone from Microsoft. In Portugal,
>> unless you were a Microsoft partner, you couldn't get into the meeting.
>> Same story in Germany!
>>

> I wish we still had proper investigative journalism - this story alone
> is earth-shattering in its depth and complexity of corruption - this
> organisation is like a drugs cartel, only worse, because it /appears/ to
> be legitimate to the casual observer, and further, has the /backing/ of
> major western governments.  Perhaps it's more like a cigarette company?

Just some suggestions...

http://www.eamonnoneill.net/#

John Sweeney:  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/4770498.stm

And Jeremy Paxman himslf doesn't seem to be in awe of his bosses....

--
Surely you are not comparing the non-existent Linux (at that time) with
(Windows)98? - Hadron aka Hadron Quark, Hans Schneider, & Damian O'Leary