Re: Rex Ballard and GPL

____/ Rex Ballard on Thursday 06 September 2007 06:57 : \____

> On Sep 5, 6:36 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ____/ Rex Ballard on Wednesday 05 September 2007 23:07 : \____
>>

>> > Another item from Richard Stallman dating to September 1987

>> > Home: 36 Porter Street, Somerville, MA  02143, USA  +1 (617) 623-7739
>>
>> > rms asked me to also post this to misc.jobs.offered.
>>
>> > enjoy -len
>>
>> > Date: Fri, 25 Sep 87 09:05:38 EDT
>> > To: info-...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> > Subject: Tech writer wanted
>>
>> > I'm looking to hire a full-time technical writer to write
>> > documentation for the GNU project.  The writer has to be able
>> > to understand what Unix utilities do and why, including utilities
>> > that only programmers would use, which implies a knowledge
>> > of programming.
>>
>> > Please ask anyone who might be interested to get in touch with me
>> > via email or to leave a message on the Foundation's phone,
>> > (617) 876-3296.
>>
>> > Why would I save this in my personal directory?
>> > Because I had contacted Richard at the time.
>> > I got a better offer.
>> > Besides, my Wife wanted me to work in Colorado.
>>
>> Have you considered handing these over to Deja/Google Groups for proper
>> archiving. This is invaluable.
>
> Yes.  I was going to make sure I didn't send over the wrong
> information (usenet archives only).
> I just got the tapes decoded this afternoon.  It cost about $200 (more
> than the tapes themselves),
> but at least now I have access to the archives.
>
> Who would I send it to at Google?

I've just looked up an old threat I participated in. I was hoping to find the
the GG engineer left an E-mail address, but no...

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/01/google_groups_d.html

Hmmm... I've got the addresses of DiBona and Cutts whom I spoke to before and
they can usually route me to the right people, but this has nothing to do with
OSS or SEO. Here are Google's telephone numbers:

650 253 0000

The private one is 650 330 0100

>> --
>>                 ~~ Best of wishes
>>
>> Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Double your drive space - delete
>> Windows"http://Schestowitz.com |  GNU is Not UNIX  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
>>      http://iuron.com- proposing a non-profit search engine

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Run a Linux server, then learn how to knit