[News] Windows User Discovers the Power of Linux, Saves Thousands

  • Subject: [News] Windows User Discovers the Power of Linux, Saves Thousands
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:46:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux is Alright

,----[ Quote ]
| For years now I've been ribbing my friend for being a Linuxhead. Then I
| bought a Buffalo Terastation NAS for my house. Well, to make a long story
| much shorter, I lost my array and all of my data along with it. After poking
| around for a little while my friend discovered that it was Linux-based. So he
| asked me if he could have a crack at recovering it. I said sure... I wasn't
| really looking forward to the $3K it would take to have it recovered
| elsewhere. And did I mention this array had all my SQL backups and other
| important docs on it? I really couldn't afford to lose everything on it.
|
| Well, after messing with it off and on for a couple weeks, he came over last
| night with a solid game plan and got the array back up and I was able to pull
| pretty much everything off of it.
|
| I don't know if something like this would've been possible on a Windows
| system.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/dbunderground/archives/2007/09/linux_is_alrigh.html

More Linux fanfare:

Ohio (GNU/)LinuxFest Set to Edutain Thousands

http://blue-gnu.biz/content/ohio_gnu_linuxfest_set_edutain_thousands

Yesterday:

Managing hundreds of Linux machines is easy.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/managing-hundreds-of-linux-machines-is-easy-18794