Re: [News] ATI/AMD Linux Driver Breakthrough!!!

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 06 September 2007 06:44 : \____

> Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> AMD 8.41 Display Driver Preview
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=821&num=1
>>>

>> If they can fix their OpenGL support then it will no longer be necessary to
>> steer clear of their cards. That should help improve their bottom line.
>>

> Roll-on open-source support...

There's more coming at 5PM GMT. Very exciting, but I am not allowed to say a
word about it yet.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> apt-get -not windows
Mem:    515500k total,   444744k used,    70756k free,     2192k buffers