[News] Comprehensive Look at the New Ark Linux and Slax Tour

  • Subject: [News] Comprehensive Look at the New Ark Linux and Slax Tour
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 00:43:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ark Linux H2O - 2007.1

,----[ Quote ]
| If you like KDE, is very unlikely that you will be disappointed with this
| distribution; if you prefer Gnome, maybe this is not the right distribution
| for you.
`----

http://en.revilinux.org/2007/09/ark-linux-h2o-20071.html

Slax: The Do-It-Yourselfer's Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| One can change Knoppix or Kubuntu, again with non-trivial effort, but why
| bother? Why not consider a Linux distro, which starts out lean-and-mean and
| can be easily changed and adapted to suit your specific needs and tastes? I'm
| referring to a Linux distro that's downright friendly to Windows, making it
| easy for Linux newbies to gradually learn about Linux without abandoning [the
| ever-comfortable] Windows. I'm talking about Slax.
`----

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,2179133,00.asp?kc=ETRSS02129TX1K0000532

KDE distributions. That whole Silver/Moonlight thing is getting out of hand
now. Groklaw says there are proprietary codecs, not just Mono and Windows-only
stuff (yes, there will be Microsoft DRM as well).

Related:

Ark Linux 2007.1 Released!

,----[ Quote ]
`----