[News] Microsoft Pulls Another XBox360 (Bad) with the Zune

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Pulls Another XBox360 (Bad) with the Zune
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 00:27:55 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft cuts $50 from Zune price

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070905/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_zune

They are more motivated to ensure the competition cannot make money, rather
than actually making money.

Microsoft says a Zune phone 'not unreasonable'

,----[ Quote ]
| "What I would ask people is what (RIM) really gets you. A lot of their money
| is coming from the hardware business and they are going after a very
| particular segment," said Mount, whose division also oversees the Xbox game
| console and Zune music player business.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6205989.html

Forget about the RIM gossip...

Dismissing RIM/Microsoft Merger Rumors On Technical Grounds

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070904/46257_id.html?.v=1

Related:

Microsoft says Zune executive will leave company

,----[ Quote ]
| Bryan Lee, corporate vice president at Microsoft's entertainment
| and devices division, also played a key role in shaping the Xbox
| game console business and the introduction of its Internet
| Protocol television software.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6155200.html

Comic Relief: Microsoft zunePhone Video

,----[ Quote ]
| For your Friday viewing pleasure, here's a parody that packs as many cheap
| shots at Microsoft in 53 seconds as any I've seen. Note the little details,
| like the blinking 12:00 and the rapidly shrinking battery indicator.
`----

http://blogs.business2.com/apple/2007/08/come-relief-mic.html

Dancing Ballmer subjected to Zune dance therapy

,----[ Quote ]
| The japester appears to have used an internal Microsoft website to direct,
| well, just about anyone to this re-reinterpretation of Steve Ballmer’s
| infamous monkeyboy dance. Or is it a re-reinterpetation of Apple's iPod
| advertising campaign? In these mashed-up days, it's hard to tell.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/01/ballmer_dances/

A Tale of 11 Broken Xbox 360s

,----[ Quote ]
| "I can't comment on failure rates, because it's just not something - it's
| a moving target. What this consumer should worry about is the way that
| we've treated him. Y'know, things break, and if we've treated him well
| and fixed his problem, that's something that we're focused on right
| now."
|
|    -- Peter Moore [of Microsoft] on Xbox 360 failure rates
`----

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160603

Rumor: Is Microsoft cheating their [Xbox 360] sales?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://xbox360.qj.net/Rumor-Is-Microsoft-cheating-their-sales-/pg/49/aid/89595