Re: "Linux" is a bad word on Microsoft's Xbox Live

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Tuesday 04 September 2007 22:38 : \____

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, dapunka
> <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Tue, 04 Sep 2007 14:28:28 -0700
> <1188941308.783839.184130@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> On 4 Sep, 21:33, AirRaid <AirRaid...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> http://riverag.com/2007/09/03/the-word-linux-is-inappropriate-in-xbox...
>>>
>>> "I love Linux and the XBOX 360, so yesterday I tried to include the
>>> word "LINUX" in the motto section on XBOX Live. I was stunned when I
>>> got a message saying "Your motto contains inappropriate language.
>>> Please try again". Come on Microsoft is that really inappropriate?
>>> Maybe only to you guys."
>>
>> Using the word "linux" in any system run by or for Microsoft is
>> blatant obscenity.  They'll have the NetKops on you next!
>>

> The Keystone NetKops?  :-)
>
> Oh, the horror.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Kops

Don't forget Yahoo.

http://slated.org/yahoo_censoring_open_source

Oh, 54,000 pageviews for [H]omer's analysis. Job well done..

Roy S. Schestowitz
Tasks: 127 total,   1 running, 125 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie