Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Dumps' XBox360s to Survive Nintendo's Momentum

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
> Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote
>> on Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:28:40 -0700 <od7dp4-911.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Even if that were true, and I don't see any evidence of it, how exactly
> does that change the *fact* of their operating losses to date?

Personally, I find it most unlikely that it's true, as the box is
probably not old enough to have reached the production cycle point where
it could have repaid all the billions spent in development.  Actual
per-machine costs are not the issue, you need to look at the whole
picture.  Of course, Microsoft might choose to write-off the development
costs in order to pretend to the city that they're making a profit on
the boxes, so they take a hit in, say, 2007, but show profit (albeit
very small) in 2008.

I'm not convinced that this be true, though - it would've been shouted
from the rooftops if it were.