Re: [News] Vista Insecurities Could Have it Lose "Primium" Content

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 04 September 2007 13:20 : \____

> yakety yak <who.me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 03:26:26 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> ____/ [H]omer on Sunday 12 August 2007 21:27 : \____

>>> Yes, the "renting" plot. We saw that coming last year. The MSBBC was
>>> corrupted to accept this too, at the taxpayers' expense.
>>
>> Last year? I saw it coming 7 years ago when rumours of WPA first started
>> circulating. There is no difference between what Google just did with
>> purchased videos, and Microsoft's use of WPA to prohibit fair use of
>> legally purchased copies of Windows.
>>

> You're quite right, it's been coming a while now.  Still, the BBC, in
> particular, Mr Ashley Highfield, has achieved something quite unique in
> the history of the corporation - he's managed to waste £130Million of
> licence-payer money on software which can only work on a very particular
> arrangement of hardware and software, from a company known to have been
> found guilty of anti-trust laws in both the EU and the US.
>
> £130 Million, Mr Highfield.  £130 Million, of licence revenue.
>
> What were you thinking about?

It's not £130 Million It's £130 Million _and still rising_. It's only in beta,
as well.

What's the gain and 'feature'? It supports less choice than the BBC used to
support. Moreover, the spendings from the public shall be elevated as well. XP
or above, remember? Who benefits? The monopoly that Mr. Highfield is now
having lunch with.

It's the corrupt type of government... but right here in Europe. Microsoft's
money corrupts governments. Just watch ISO/OOXML and see how people lost faith
in their authority, having witnessed corruption. Microsoft's Magatron Money
Machine(R) is to blame here.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Every polar bear is left-handed