Re: Linux Consultant Runs for Senate

John Bailo, Texeme.Construct wrote:
> On Sep 3, 4:15 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Linux isn't the only platform this would-be senator is standing on
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I use Linux in my everyday life, and develop my policies on my laptop running
>> | Linux, design election material such as pamphlets and posters using Linux and
>> | other Open Source tools such as Inkscape and the Gimp.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1185087475;fp;2;fpid;4
>
> They have a "Senate" in Australia?
>
> I thought it would just be a bunch of townspeople shouting and fist
> fighting with each other to determine policy.

Hey, I do believe that Australia did away with that at the last prison
riot, when penal colonists were released to populate the country.  There
might have been a form of government imposed by the crown, as I have
gathered from history books.

Still, they are regular politicos, and have a high murder rate from
firearms in the hands of criminals.