[News] Indentity and SELinux Going Universal?

  • Subject: [News] Indentity and SELinux Going Universal?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:51:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Is SE Linux only for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun is also apparently considering adding type-enforcement to Solaris. It’s
| yet to be seen whether this happens and if so whether it is compatible with
| SE Linux.
|
| So it seems that a significant portion of the SE Linux code base is portable,
| and in particular the user-space code should port well. The interfaces for
| and methods labelling files etc should port well between platforms. Therefore
| I recommend not having SE Linux code split into Linux specific trees and
| instead having a compile option to enable SE Linux support.
`----

http://etbe.coker.com.au/2007/08/31/is-se-linux-only-for-linux/

OpenID: Can it become single sign-on for the Web?

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenID Foundation wants to change that. On the user side, its
| community-developed system aims to let users create a single identity for
| signing on to an unlimited number of Web sites, relieving them of the need to
| maintain a variety of IDs and passwords.
`----

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/NewsStory.aspx?story=60405

Related:

Fedora Core 5 End of Life

,----[ Quote ]
| In total, Fedora Core 5 will have had a lifespan of 15 months. For
| the sake of comparison, under the old policy, FC5 would have only
| had a lifespan of 11 months.
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/may/03/fedora_core_5_end_of_life

Tresys Nails 'Hardened Security' With Brickwall & Upcoming Razor

,----[ Quote ]
| "But SELinux contains tens of thousands of rules, written in
| assembly language. We make implementation easier by turning that
| spaghetti code into reference code," he said.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6365/1/

Net giant supports open ID scheme

,----[ Quote ]