[News] Fifth Release Candidate of Linux 2.6.23 Announced

  • Subject: [News] Fifth Release Candidate of Linux 2.6.23 Announced
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 04:54:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux 2.6.23-rc5

,----[ Quote ]
| Linus Torvalds has just released the fifth release candidate of the upcoming
| Linux Kernel 2.6.23
`----

http://lkmltimes.brucalipto.org/announce/linux-2623-rc5/

More progress:

Linux: Killing Tasks On Frozen NFS Mounts

,----[ Quote ]
| Linus responded favorably to the patch, "hey, I obviously approve. And the
| patch looks simple." He went on to suggest that he was interested in merging
| the patch during the next merge window, "feel free to re-submit after 2.6.23
| is out the door, I don't think anybody will really complain. Any NFS user
| will know why something like this can be really nice."
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Killing_Tasks_On_Frozen_NFS_Mounts

Related:

Free Linux Driver Development!

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes, that's right, the Linux kernel community is offering all
| companies free Linux driver development. No longer do you have
| to suffer through all of the different examples in the Linux
| Device Driver Kit, or pick through the thousands of example
| drivers in the Linux kernel source tree trying to determine
| which one is the closest to what you need to do.
`----

http://www.kroah.com/log/2007/01/29/#free_drivers

Is There Perfection in The Linux Kernel?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.internetnews.com/article.php/3646456