[News] [Rival] Latest Links on Microsoft OOXML Bibery, Corruption, Dirty Tricks...

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Latest Links on Microsoft OOXML Bibery, Corruption, Dirty Tricks...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 15:31:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On tap: Vote on Microsoft Office Open XML standard

,----[ Quote ]
| But if Microsoft doesn't get the required number of votes this weekend, its
| challenge would be bigger, because it would need to get some national bodies
| to change their minds before the final vote.
|
| Results of that final vote are expected in March.
`----                                     ^^^^^^^^

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/120974.asp

Linux Foundation: OOXML is Too Long to Be a Standard

http://www.betanews.com/article/Linux_Foundation_OOXML_is_Too_Long_to_Be_a_Standard/1188424395

Effective Evangelism & Disinformation

,----[ Quote ]
| Try "25 Ways to Suppress the Truth: the Rules of Disinformation" also for
| some nice bed-side reading that will remind you of a moment here or there in
| the OOXML v ODF conflict.
`----

http://fussnotes.typepad.com/plexnex/2007/08/effective-eva-1.html

Classic. Good find. Here is one these techniques being used in Africa:

Microsoft salutes debate on Office Open XML

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft also said that over 2 000 partners representing 67 countries on six
| continents have given their green light for the ratification of the OOXML by
| the International Standards Organisation (ISO).
`----

http://www.africanews.com/site/list_messages/11067

Wow. Microsoft has partners. More on the antitrust implications of this in a
moment...

More on Microsoft 'buying' Brazil (very absurd):

http://www.fsfla.org/svnwiki/blogs/lxo/2007-08-31-joy-shame-anxiety.en.html

Hungarian Standards Body: no official position on OOXML

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-18217/hungarian-standards-body:no-official-position-on-ooxml

They seem to have nullified it all (or something). Just like Switzerland,
Denmark, and Sweden (apparently).

Good summary of the dirty manoeuvres here:

When the standards are this low, no one wins

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/08/when_the_standa.html

Short-Term/Long-Term: The Battle of OOXML

,----[ Quote ]
| It has been demonstrated time and again with OOXML, that it does not pass
| even this most simple test. If you read my friend Stephen Walli's blog entry
| that was posted on Linux Today earlier, you know that the OOXML technology is
| so screwed up, even Microsoft applications can't run it correctly.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2007-08-31-027-26-OP-SW

Stephen Walli has rootsin Microsoft. Even Brian Jones, the head of this gang
assault, admitted that OOXML is still flawed. Even the man who was paid by
Microsoft to edit Wikipedia....