[News] Linux is Taking Over Devices and Phones

  • Subject: [News] Linux is Taking Over Devices and Phones
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 15:05:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Play Music & Run Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to a built-in Web browser and email client, the Wizpy includes
| the ability to use word processor, spreadsheet, and other
| OpenDocument-compatible productivity applications.
`----

http://www.firstglimpsemag.com/Editorial/daily/dailyContent.asp?guid=2BA55D95515C44E299E9A835AEE6C63B&did=2915037

Linux will be on a third of smartphones in 2012

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/30/AR2007083001435.html?nav=rss_technology/personaltech

Blogosphere Aflutter With Linux-Based Gphone Rumors

http://www.technewsworld.com/rsstory/59115.html

Related:

Afterr the Desktop -- What?

,----[ Quote ]
| I would suggest that the open source community should stop obsessing
| with the battle for the desktop, and start focusing on the battle for
| the platform that will replace it. As I have said before, the day
| will soon come when the notion of having to go to a particular
| machine on a particular room every time you need access to
| information or computer power will be as obsolete as the notion
| of having to go to the hand pump over the well in the front
| yard every time you need water.
`----

http://trevors-trinkets.blogspot.com/2007/02/after-desktop-what.html

Linux expected to be leading Smartphone OS market by 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| I just came across this research by Diffusion Group, which found
| that Linux is set to become the leading Smartphone OS by 2010.
`----

http://irfanhabib.wordpress.com/2006/12/10/linux-to-take-over-smartphone-os-market-by-2010/

FEATURE: Mobile Linux: Why it will become the dominant mobile OS

,----[ Quote ]
| I see the mobile Linux wave out in the ocean and am sounding the
| alarm--the mobile Linux tide is rising. Be prepared.
`----

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/feature-mobile-linux-why-it-will-become-the-dominant-mobile-os/2007-01-03

Get the iPhone’s Features Without an iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://sheehantu.wordpress.com/2007/07/01/get-the-iphones-features-without-an-iphone/