Re: [News] BOSS Linux 2.0 Released, Kaella (Linux Live DVD from France) Reaches 3.2

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Peter Köhlmann
<peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:40:29 +0200
<fcupcd$a3m$00$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ofc. Michael Clayton
>> <clayton@xxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:47:33 -0400
>> <46f2d068$0$23395$88260bb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>>
>>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> "Free software made mandatory" -  Does anyone else see the hypocrisy in
>>> this?
>>>

>> True.  However, there's also the little question as to how
>> to properly validate software so that it meets standards.
>>
>> How bad is it out there?
>>
>> http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/
>>
>> Opera passes.  IE 6 bombs.  Firefox mangles.  Dillo and
>> Lynx don't even understand the question (in their defense,
>> they weren't designed to).
>>

> Konqueror passes (and was in fact one of the first browsers to pass)

Ye gods, forgot all about him.  I've been running Gnome
too long.  :-)

Passes with flying colors, except that his head gets
shaved for some reason if I shrink the window too much.
Turns out Opera has a similar problem.

So much for Microsoft "innovation"...unless it includes
munging up standard (if highly contrived for the purposes
of testing) web pages.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows.  Multi-platform(1), multi-tasking(1), multi-user(1).
(1) if one defines "multi" as "exactly one".