[News] Linux is Not Ubuntu

Divining from the Entrails of Ubuntu's Gutsy Gibbon

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the 2007 DesktopLinux.com survey, Ubuntu is the distribution of
| choice for 30% of GNU/Linux users. The exact figure is questionable, but
| Ubuntu's dominance is not. For an increasing number of people, Ubuntu is
| GNU/Linux. Yet, looking at the pre-releases of Gutsy Gibbon, Ubuntu 7.10, I
| found myself becoming disturbed by the degree to which this popularity has
| translated into uncritical acceptance.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/entdev/article.php/3700666

Finally someone says it. So many journalists judge Linux by the success (or
lack thereof) of Ubuntu. Linux is a whole large universe. Here's more new
proof:

Desktop Show and Tell, Linux Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| From the wholly minimal to the completely ornate, the Linux desktop has never
| been sexier. You've already seen the Windows and Mac editions of the Desktop
| Show and Tell, but you haven't seen variety, inventiveness, and all-around
| desktop eye candy until you've taken a gander at what your fellow readers are
| doing with their Linux desktops. Hit the jump for a look at some of our
| readers' best Linux desktop submissions.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/software/top/desktop-show-and-tell-linux-edition-301677.php

Some really nice screenshots there.